Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Week 1 EOC: My Voice

Cooking came easy to me as soon as I read my first recipe: Chili. Seeing all the other cohorts struggle, I looked at them and questioned “how and why is this so difficult.” Seeing as how cooking came natural to me and how I breezed through the recipe, I knew at that moment that this is going to be my passion and something that I can make my profession. Over the years I have been cooking, I’ve truly escalated through the skills after starting from little to none. What I see coming into the culinary world is a lot of stress, screaming, anger, and many barriers to go over. This is something I can do and I look forward to it. As a culinarian of the future, and technology advances, there might be even more challenges, or make the job even easier to perform, but when it comes down to what will actually be used in the kitchen might be a different story. Sometimes technology can’t perform what humans can, or machines will take our duties, making finding a job that much more difficult. All of that, to me, just means I have to work that much harder to combat the unknown. We have to push ourselves beyond the limit, break down, and try harder next time. I wouldn’t have it any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment