Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Week 1 EOC: Great Customer Service

Most great customer services might come from a restaurant or a clothing retail store from the employees from either establishment. My customer service experience comes from the Henderson Auto Mall. I drove my sister there to get her oil changed and I sat in the parking lot while waiting for her to finish up. I got bored, walked around, looked at the Scion car selections and the Director of Sales came up to me and asked if I was looking for anything in particular. I told him "Oh, I'm just waiting for my sister for her oil change, I'm just looking around to pass the time," and he replied "Well if you wanted to pass the time, why don't we test drive something?" he went in through the doors, came out with keys in his hand, stood next to the Scion XD's passenger door, and he handed me the keys. First of all, who would trust a 20 year old with a performance car, second, it's a standard transmission. He said not to worry, just get in the car and I'll teach you. I learned how to drive a manual transmission, and bought a car that very same day. I was just waiting for my sister to get her oil changed and I bought a car. Maybe I was sucked into buying a car with his marketing strategy, but whatever strategy he used, it worked. "Ineffective salespeople may jump too quickly into a sales pitch, but the best performers are patient and wait until they understand the customer’s needs before presenting their operation’s features and benefits." (Human Resources, Quality Service & Training, Hospitality & Restaurant Marketing p.141) Patience was this guy's game. Three hours of test driving and I was sucked into buying a car and the service was just amazing. I got a free oil change, topped off on the fuel I used, windshield wiping fluid, coolant, and any problems I have, I can always ask the director of sales and he will cover any small expense. It wasn't just a service I received, I received a bond.

No comments:

Post a Comment